I have been saving this recipe for a while. I found it this summer while paging through a Real Simple magazine. Ollie immediately went for it when he saw the photo. His only problem is that he doesn’t care for mint chocolate ice cream. I can relate. I don’t either. No problem….I knew we would find another one he liked.
Here’s the recipe.
- For the record, their pie looks WAY better than mine.
- Obviously, I used cookie dough ice cream instead of mint chocolate chip. It is the birthday boy’s favorite. I suspect you will do the same when you make yours.
- Three ingredients = my simplest pie. This one goes together fast too! It ranks up there with the Banana Split Pie as being on the VERY, VERY EASY side.
- Simple, yet I screwed it up. It would have helped if I would have thoroughly read the instructions. My pie crust did not look like theirs because I did not press the mixture 1″ up the sides of the springform pan. After realizing my mistake, I underlined it so you don’t make the same mistake.
- I liked the rice crispy crust because it added a nice crunchy texture to the ice cream bite. This pie rates a 10 for ease of assembly. For taste, I give it an 8.
Believe it or not, I do make other desserts in the kitchen! It is Christmas cookie time!